Pages

The Reason I Write

"Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe."
~Niel Gaiman~

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

I Am Back

Well, it has been over a year since I really did any blogging on any of my blogs. I have most likely decided to stay here on Blogger, since I already have all my work here and all of you, my poor abused followers. Much has changed in both my personal life and in my writing life. This post will be a get to know me and my stories post.

I am 22 years old and still single. I have been going to college for 2 years, first as a Nursing student, then as an EMT. I have finally decided that I want to study something that makes me happy instead of makes me money. So a few weeks ago I switched my degree to Culinary. Taking care of people and their problems is just not for me. 

Back in September I moved out of my parents home and am now living on my own for the first time ever. I now live in Bend Oregon in a small studio apartment right next to the college. It is a bit frightening being out on my own, but it is also incredibly exciting! 

I have been fighting severe depression for a little over a year now and some days I can be downright gloomy. I don't believe in taking medication and have been totally going this alone. In fact, you my dear blog, are the only person I have told other than my Journal, who is my best friend. 

I find things that are sad and broken to be the most beautiful things on earth. And characters that are sad and broken are my favorite to read about and to write about. 

Speaking of writing, it is time to introduce you to my newest arrivals. Rowan and Soryn's story has been set on the back burner until I get some new inspiration and perspective for that tale... it is seriously lacking any plot and I cannot figure out how to save it. 

My newest story is called The Indometus. It is a series really, and I have not figured out the individual book names yet. The Latin word “Indometus” means untamed or wild ones. In this tale it is used by the Catholic Church to refer to any “Fantasy” creatures, including Elves, Fairies, Gnomes, Warlocks, etc… They have been deemed “unsaveable” by the Church, and are therefore hunted like animals. There is a special order in the church that is trained specifically for the hunting and killing of these “wild” races. The church authorities simply want them dead, and they look the other way as the hunters brutally murder and pillage their way through towns and families of these “inhuman” races. They ignore the cries of the children and the screams of the women. The hunters are brutal; murdering, raping, and maiming all of the wildlings they happen across. It has in a way, become a war between the church, and the “unsaveable” ones… the Indometus. This is actually a series, consisting of 3 books so far and a sub series.

The main character is Gabriel Moreau, a half blood. He lives with his human mother, but his father was an Elfin warrior name Rilnor. Rilnor, before his death, was the personal guardian and friend of the Elfin prince gone insane, Dahvey Cygne. Dahvey is still around and has been looking after Gabriel since he was a child, guarding him from afar. 


The secondary character and in all relaity, the main character of the overall series is Dahvey. He was once a great Elfin warrior and the prince of the mountain elves. He has always had a bit of a troubled mind, a result of a curse that happened before he was born. But he went completely insane after the death of his wife. It has been 150 years since then, and he appears sane, but his mind is only hanging on by a thread.




Oh how I love writing his broken mind... It is beautiful! There are no words to describe how much I love this man. He is a part of me in ways NONE of my other characters have ever been.

This series has a sub series with is called The Indometus: Rise of the Hunter.  Many centuries have passed since the death of Dahvey Cygne and the annulment of the Indometus act. It is now the 21st century. The elves have established a community called the ??? and they are located at the heart of modern day Paris France. They have their own leaders (Decedents of the Cygne family), their own laws, their own school and their own army. They have learned to blend with the human culture but to also stand apart from it. Gabriel is a respected Eldar and teacher. It is well known that he is one of the few that knew the hero, Dahvey personally. Born amidst this community, is the youngest Cygne heir. He is named Joffrem, or Joff. As he grows older, Gabriel begins to see that Joff is practically a reincarnation of Dahvey, in appearance (except for the hair of course) and attitude. In Joff’s 17th year, rumors begin to rise that an ancient evil has begun to rise again, and with the unexpected arrival of a Drakki, no one knows what to think.

Joff is a lot like Dahvey and most worrying of all, especially for Gabriel, is the fact that he bears the mark of the curse. Something that hasn't shown up since Dahvey bore it. 


Secondary character is Sevi, Joff's best friend. He is quiet and gentle, the perfect companion for hot tempered Joff.

Well, there you go. That is what has been up in my life since we last talked. I also have a couple other stories that are hovering around in my brain, but they are not  really developed enough to put here. Just know that Rachel is my emo girl in a post apocalyptic story and Misha is my deaf Asian kid who is a music prodigy in my story called Unforgiven.

 
 Talk to ya all later my friends.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...